Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The world would be a better place if...

PTSA, the world would be a better place if... competition

     My project is about the world needing to change to clean energy. Some of the energy we are using today is bad for us and the environment. For example, in the picture below, you can see how Carbon Dioxide is spread across the whole page and how fossil fuel and oil pumps are also spread across. The oil pumps can cause problems like oil spills which can lead to environmental disasters that can destroy ecosystems, both in ocean and on land. Fossil fuel is also bad because it pollutes our atmosphere  and can not be replaced. With nuclear energy, it releases a byproduct that takes years to go away and can cause danger if broken. The last dangerous energy source I have put on my project is CO2. This is released from not only fossil fuels, but from electricity, transportation, industries. etc.

     I created this project by looking at what I believe are areas of improvements and can make our world a better place. After I thought of what I was going to do, I started to gather pictures from the internet. The first picture I got was a map of the world. I changed it to a green color so it can represent a "green earth" or a cleaner earth. During that time, I thought of things like fossil fuel, oil pumps, nuclear power plants, and CO2 which is hurting our us and our planet. I scattered these images across the map to show that the whole world is responsible for this and if we work together, we can have a better world to live in. In the same way, I looked for things that are safe for the environment and help support the idea of clean energy. For instance, I got pictures of electric cars, solar panels, a windmill, and, the ultimate clean energy source, the sun. The sun is the cleanest and most natural energy we know. It can provide us with different ways of using its energy. One of these ways are by solar panels. We can convert the sun's light energy into electrical energy and use this to power our electrical items. This is a much better way than using fossil fuel to power produce electricity. Another one of the ways I used to show clean energy were electrical cars. If we all use this instead of the cars we have now, there will be less pollution in the air and we will have cleaner air to breathe. With all of these ways, I created my project "Clean Energy" and showed how the world would be a better place if we had more of it.

The tutorial that inspired me to apply the smoke affect that I used to show pollution of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere can be found here.
"Clean Energy", designed by Alex G.     ©2014

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Really good job on the smoke effect. That looks brilliant never thought of ever doing something like that. I noticed you put your face in the sun. lol great touch. I love it. something i would do different is make your pictures of the cars and such look less photoshopped. but great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang ! over achiever !! its real nice and the theme real matches the concept and it looks notting like photo shop !!! Great Job dude !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alex, this is great! I really like your concept and idea! I totally agree with you! I like how you had the smoke/pollution everywhere with examples of unclean energy! My only suggestion is that maybe you should make the solar panels larger to emphasize that that will give us clean energy! Other than that its great! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback